Millie is recovering

by The Broons, Thursday, March 02, 2017, 17:27 (231 days ago)

Millie is currently recovering from another operation. A couple of weeks ago we noticed what we thought was a bit of scraped skin on her bad foot. The next evening we were shocked to see a glint of metal through the broken skin, it looked as if some of her metalwork was making its way out. So off to the vets she went. They took one look at her and said it looked as if one of the screws had come loose so she would have to be operated on. She was booked into AVR at Foveran and had her op last Thursday. They removed the screw and one of her plates and sent the screw off for laboratory analysis to see if there was any infection. We asked why this had happened and they said that sometimes these things just happen - things break or just work loose. Millie being Millie she still wants to dance and skip around and just rolls her eyes at you when you tell her to calm down. She is actually a very good patient who stands quietly while you dress her foot and never tries to chew it.

We have just heard back today that there was a slight infection so she will to have some antibiotics. Hopefully she will be OK after she has the stitches out in a couple of weeks time.

Millie is recovering

by MacKenzie clan @, Westhill, Aberdeenshire, Thursday, March 02, 2017, 21:27 (231 days ago) @ The Broons

Hope Millie gets all her metal work sorted out!!
It's a worry when they are unwell or in Millie's case 'has a screw lose!!'

We have big bionic Sam, so far so good with his metal work, it's easy to forget they have metal keeping them together!!
Sending hugs and big kisses to Millie. Xxxxx

--
Harry now with uncle Toby and Harlem at Rainbow Bridge. Our boys all together again. Sleep well our big special boys. We miss you all every day. Xxx

Millie is recovering

by Pat, Thursday, March 02, 2017, 22:46 (231 days ago) @ MacKenzie clan

There's you're answer, Millie likes to dance and skip around, I'm amazed everything stayed in place as long as it did! She's a happy little livewire, after her first op I had her back at the vets several times to check everything was still in place as she'd bounced or skipped when she shouldn't have. She just had so much enthusiasm for life she couldn't keep still! Get well soon Millie :-)

Millie is recovering

by majorsdad @, Aberdeen, Friday, March 03, 2017, 06:13 (231 days ago) @ Pat

Get well soon Millie!

Millie is recovering

by Fizzy Lizzy, Friday, March 03, 2017, 10:56 (231 days ago) @ majorsdad

Goodness, so sorry to hear about Millie's mishap. I hope to goodness Ziva never frightens me like that, but she does have the occasional burn up in my paddock. Likewise, my Kiwi has metal keeping things together. What a worry they are.

I have some metal keeping my ankle together as it happens, but as I rarely race around (if only I could) it doesn't seem to have done anything awful so far.

Do hope she recovers really quickly and is back to her usual naughty self.

Liz

Millie is recovering

by gagah-di, Friday, March 03, 2017, 11:56 (231 days ago) @ Fizzy Lizzy

Get well soon ya wee cheeky monkey and stop giving your humans a heart attack, sending you big get well hugs

RSS Feed of thread